Week 9

It is now the moment a lot of us have been waiting for four years and it is definitely living up to my expectations. In that I expected pure chaos. In the days leading up to the election, I saw people from both sides predicting a wave, either a blue or a red wave or some landslide victory for one side. But now it seems that red and blue waves are crashing into each other judging by how close the individual races in many of the states are. This is especially surprising considering the record number voter turnout.

I guess when it comes to a person as divisive and attention grabbing like Donald Trump, people are deciding to exercise their right to vote in greater numbers either because they are his loyal followers or because they can’t stand the sight of him. Now a certain type of anxiety has settled over the people, the fear of rioting after the results of the election or the president trying to remain in power by taking action against “fraud”.

The 2020 Election is going down in the history books, along with the rest of 2020, and I can definitely say that sometimes it isn’t really fun living through history.