Week 11

Out of all the few genres I can recall from the top of my head, I think visual art is one of the most interesting ways to send a message or represent an issue. It may be difficult for some people to imagine a purpose for certain types of artwork, but to someone out there it comes off as something meaningful and something they can deeply connect to. Art benefits from the facts that there are no words and people’s interpretations can differ in many different ways. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and this rings true for artworks and paintings done by artists who are trying to express themselves to the world.

Music is another favorite genre of mine, and compared to art it has an even greater potential to bring out emotion in people. Music could contain lyrics or it could only contain a melody, and with so much variety of music it is easy for a person to find a song that best suits their taste. Music and art are a few of the earliest forms of human expression, going back to the paleolithic age where humans were still hunter-gatherers. Their cave art can still be seen today, and its amazing that these markings survived for their descendants to discover them. I guess cave art can be considered one of the most ancient genres.