Week 13

I had finally finished the second part of my 2 Genre Project by this point and it definitely took a lot of effort to create the artist book. I have always liked to do artistic projects a lot more compared to written projects. Poems, short stories, and lyrics were never my thing. Sometimes finding the right words can be too frustrating for me to enjoy a project. It is a shame I never got to see everyone else’s projects, I would have loved to see everyone’s expression of their creativity. I saw a few interesting concepts from other students, such as a scene from the story of “We Have Always Lived in the Castle” written in Constance’s point of view and an alternate scene exploring the manipulative relationship between Merricat and Constance except in a different setting (involving Munchausen Syndrome I believe). Although I will not be seeing their final results, I guess it is fun to imagine their concepts.

I just realized how close we are to the end of the semester and how so unlike the public education system I had to deal with for around twelve years. This class was an awesome experience and I truly felt like I was learning something of substance. Psychological phenomenon is much more common than I had initially thought, both in our personal lives and in the books we read or the shows/movies we watch. I became more open minded to the feelings and worldviews of people who are so different compared to me. Although I won’t always be able to understand what someone is going through, at least trying to understand and listening carefully is the best step forward.